2019 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 690C - Service Contracts
NRS 690C.100 - Applicability.
1. The provisions of this title do not apply to:
(a) A warranty;
(b) A maintenance agreement;
(c) A service contract provided by a public utility on its transmission device if the service contract is regulated by the Public Utilities Commission of Nevada;
(d) A service contract sold or offered for sale to a person who is not a consumer;
(e) A service contract for goods if the purchase price of the goods is less than $250; or
(f) A service contract issued, sold or offered for sale by a vehicle dealer on vehicles sold by the dealer, if the dealer is licensed pursuant to NRS 482.325 and the service contract obligates either the dealer or the manufacturer of the vehicle, or an affiliate of the dealer or manufacturer, to provide all services under the service contract.
2. The sale of a service contract pursuant to this chapter does not constitute the business of insurance for the purposes of 18 U.S.C. §§ 1033 and 1034.
3. As used in this section:
(a) “Maintenance agreement” means a contract for a limited period that provides only for scheduled maintenance.
(b) “Warranty” means a warranty provided solely by a manufacturer, importer or seller of goods for which the manufacturer, importer or seller did not receive separate consideration and that:
(1) Is not negotiated or separated from the sale of the goods;
(2) Is incidental to the sale of the goods; and
(3) Guarantees to indemnify the consumer for defective parts, mechanical or electrical failure, labor or other remedial measures required to repair or replace the goods.
(Added to NRS by 1999, 3336; A 2007, 1272; 2017, 2379)