2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 118 - Discrimination in Housing; Landlord and Tenant
NRS 118.100 - Prohibited acts and practices.
A person shall not, because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, familial status or sex:
1. Refuse to sell or rent or refuse to negotiate for the sale or rental of, or otherwise make unavailable or deny, a dwelling to any person.
2. Discriminate against any person in the terms, conditions or privileges of sale or rental of a dwelling, including the amount of breakage or brokerage fees, deposits or other undue penalties, or in the provision of services or facilities in connection therewith.
3. Make, print or publish, or cause to be made, printed or published, any notice, statement or advertisement with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation or discrimination, or an intention to make any preference, limitation or discrimination. As used in this subsection, “dwelling” includes a house, room or unit described in subsection 2 or 3 of NRS 118.060.
4. Represent to any person because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, familial status or sex that any dwelling is not available for inspection, sale or rental when the dwelling is in fact so available.
5. For profit, induce or attempt to induce any person to sell or rent any dwelling by representations regarding the entry or prospective entry into the neighborhood of a person of a particular race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, familial status or sex.
6. Coerce, intimidate, threaten or interfere with any person in the exercise or enjoyment of, or on account of that person having aided or encouraged any other person in the exercise or enjoyment of, any right granted or protected in this chapter.
(Added to NRS by 1971, 731; A 1973, 195; 1991, 1020, 1980; 1995, 405; 1997, 51; 2011, 868)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.