2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 7 BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS; SECURITIES; COMMODITIES
Chapter 90 Securities (Uniform Act)
NRS 90.240 "Financial or institutional investor" defined.
NRS 90.240 "Financial or institutional investor" defined. "Financial or institutional investor" means any of the following, whether acting for itself or others in a fiduciary capacity other than as an agent:
1. A depository institution;
2. An insurance company;
3. A separate account of an insurance company;
4. An investment company as defined in the Investment Company Act of 1940;
5. An employee pension, profit-sharing, or benefit plan if the plan has total assets in excess of $5,000,000 or its investment decisions are made by a named fiduciary, as defined in the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, that is either a broker-dealer registered under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, an investment adviser registered or exempt from registration under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, a depository institution, or an insurance company; and
6. Any other institutional buyer.
(Added to NRS by 1987, 2150; A 1989, 160)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.