2009 Nebraska Code
Chapter 32 ELECTIONS
32-1611 Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Commission; allocation of funds.

32-1611. Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Commission; allocation of funds.

(1) Prior to June 30 of each odd-numbered year, the Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Commission shall (a) allocate available funds of one hundred fifty thousand dollars to fund requests for public funds for covered elective offices listed in subdivision (1)(a) of section 32-1603, (b) calculate its best estimate of the amount of funds available to fund requests for public funds during the ensuing election year in the Campaign Finance Limitation Cash Fund based upon the appropriations, if any, made to the fund by the Legislature in such year, and (c) if the estimated amount of available funds exceeds one hundred fifty thousand dollars, designate additional covered elective offices in the following order if the following amounts of additional funds are available:

(a) The Public Service Commission, one thousand dollars;

(b) The Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, twenty-five thousand dollars;

(c) The State Board of Education, one thousand dollars;

(d) The Auditor of Public Accounts, fifty thousand dollars;

(e) The Attorney General, fifty thousand dollars;

(f) The Secretary of State, fifty thousand dollars;

(g) The State Treasurer, fifty thousand dollars; and

(h) The Governor, five hundred fifty thousand dollars.

(2) All elective offices not within the class of offices designated under subsection (1) of this section to be covered elective offices for the election period ending on December 31 of the following year shall be designated not to be covered elective offices for such election period.

    Laws 1993, LB 587, § 11;
    Laws 1997, LB 420, § 11;
    Laws 2001, LB 768, § 10.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.