2009 Nebraska Code
Chapter 32 ELECTIONS
32-1603 Terms, defined.
(1) Covered elective office means (a) the Legislature in any election period and (b) the Governor, State Treasurer, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Auditor of Public Accounts, the Public Service Commission, the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, and the State Board of Education if designated as covered for a given election period pursuant to section 32-1611;
(2) Election period means (a) the period beginning January 1 of the calendar year prior to the year of the election in which the candidate is seeking office through the end of the calendar year of such election for covered elective offices listed in subdivision (1)(a) of this section and (b) the period beginning July 1 of the calendar year prior to the year of the election in which the candidate is seeking office through the end of the calendar year of such election for covered elective offices listed in subdivision (1)(b) of this section;
(3) Expenditure, as it relates to the expenditure of public funds, means (a) the purchase for campaign activities of (i) services from a communications medium, including production costs, (ii) printing, photography, graphic arts, or advertising services, (iii) office supplies, (iv) postage and other commercial delivery services, (v) meals, lodging, and travel expenses, and (vi) staff salaries and (b) repayment of loans to the candidate committee made in accordance with subsection (2) of section 32-1608.03 for any of the purposes listed in subdivision (a) of this subdivision;
(4) General election period means the period beginning with the day following the end of the primary election period through the end of the election period;
(5) Primary election period means the period beginning with the first day of the election period through the thirty-fifth day following the primary election; and
(6) Unrestricted spending means expenditures or transfers of funds authorized under subdivision (6), (8), or (9) of section 49-1446.03.Source
Laws 1992, LB 556, § 3;
Laws 1993, LB 587, § 2;
Laws 1997, LB 420, § 3;
Laws 2001, LB 768, § 7;
Laws 2002, LB 1086, § 2;
Laws 2005, LB 242, § 1;
Laws 2006, LB 188, § 3.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.