2015 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 590 Peace Officers, Selection, Training and Discipline
Section 590.200 School protection officers, POST commission duties--minimum training requirements.
590.200. 1. The POST commission shall:
(1) Establish minimum standards for the training of school protection officers;
(2) Set the minimum number of hours of training required for a school protection officer; and
(3) Set the curriculum for school protection officer training programs.
2. At a minimum this training shall include:
(1) Instruction specific to the prevention of incidents of violence in schools;
(2) The handling of emergency or violent crisis situations in school settings;
(3) A review of state criminal law;
(4) Training involving the use of defensive force;
(5) Training involving the use of deadly force; and
(6) Instruction in the proper use of self-defense spray devices.
(L. 2014 S.B. 656)
*Effective 10-10-14, see § 21.250. S.B. 656 was vetoed July 14, 2014. The veto was overridden on September 10, 2014.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.