2015 Missouri Revised Statutes
TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600)
Chapter 590 Peace Officers, Selection, Training and Discipline
- Chapter Cross References
- Section 590.010 Definitions.
- Section 590.020 Peace officer license required, when--classes of officers established--no license required, when.
- Section 590.030 Basic training, minimum standards established--age, citizenship and education requirements established by director--issuance of a license.
- Section 590.040 Minimum hours of basic training required.
- Section 590.050 Continuing education requirements.
- Section 590.060 Minimum standards for training instructors and centers--licensure of instructors--background check required, when.
- Section 590.070 Commissioning and departure of peace officers, director to be notified.
- Section 590.080 Discipline of peace officers, grounds--complaint filed, hearing.
- Section 590.090 Suspension of a license, when, procedure.
- Section 590.100 Denial of an application, when--review process.
- Section 590.110 Investigation of denial of licensure, procedure.
- Section 590.118 Peace officer investigations made available to hiring law enforcement agencies.
- Section 590.120 Peace officer standards and training commission established--members, qualifications, appointment--terms--duties--removal from office--vacancies--chairperson, appointment--rules and regulations, authority.
- Section 590.140 (Transferred 2000; now 488.5336)
- Section 590.145 Highway patrol academy fund created--use of funds therein.
- Section 590.178 Peace officer standards and training commission fund established.
- Section 590.180 Licensure status of peace officer inadmissible in determining validity of arrest--open records of peace officers.
- Section 590.190 Rulemaking authority.
- Section 590.195 Violations, penalty.
- Section 590.200 School protection officers, POST commission duties--minimum training requirements.
- Section 590.205 School protection officer training, POST commission to establish minimum standards--list of approved instructors, centers, and programs--background checks--certification.
- Section 590.207 Firearm out of control of school protection officer, penalty.
- Section 590.500 Certain law enforcement officers' right of appeal from disciplinary actions, procedure.
- Section 590.501 Certification removal of officer, hearing requirements, time limitation--exception.
- Section 590.650 Racial profiling--minority group defined--reporting requirements--annual report--review of findings--failure to comply--funds for audio-visual equipment--sobriety check points exempt.
- Section 590.653 Civilian review board--powers, duties.
- Section 590.700 Beginning January 1, 2017--Definitions--recording required for certain crimes--may be recorded, when--written policy required--violation, penalty.
- Section 590.700 Until December 31, 2016--Definitions--recording required for certain crimes--may be recorded, when--written policy required--violation, penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Missouri may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.