There is a newer version of the Mississippi Code
2018 Mississippi Code
Title 47 - Prisons and Prisoners; Probation and Parole
Chapter 5 - Correctional System
- § 47-5-110. Commitments to be to department and not to particular institutions or facilities; transfers of offenders; community prerelease program; conditions; immunity for commissioner of corrections; evidence-based programs for benefit of inmates.
- § 47-5-110.1. Offenders to pay costs of requested transfers between facilities.
- § 47-5-110.2. Persons sentenced to custody of department after January 1, 2017, can no longer be sentenced to regimented inmate discipline program.
- § 47-5-111. Transportation of offenders to correctional system facilities; processing of offenders at receiving stations.
- § 47-5-112. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-113. Offenders of the United States courts.
- § 47-5-115. Offenders whose capital sentences are commuted.
- § 47-5-116. Installation of “Biddle guard” on vehicle transporting prisoner.
- § 47-5-117. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-119. Initial search of offender; disposition of money found thereon; misappropriation of offender’s money.
- § 47-5-120. Transfer of offender for observation, diagnosis and treatment; board of examiners established to examine condition of certain offenders.
- § 47-5-121. Separation of sexes.
- § 47-5-122. Agricultural production as part of disciplinary or other programs; contracts for federal subsidies.
- § 47-5-123. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-124. Uniform designations for offenders; restrictions on possession of radios, televisions and similar electronic devices; restrictions on weight lifting programs.
- § 47-5-125. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-126. Working of inmates.
- § 47-5-127. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-128. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-129. Offenders to work certain roads; Sunflower County.
- § 47-5-131. Offenders to work certain roads; Quitman County.
- § 47-5-132. Housing of prisoners; “hot racking,” tents and “double bunking.”
- § 47-5-133. Drainage of correctional system property; restriction on working of offenders off correctional system property.
- § 47-5-134. Offenders to work for Habitat for Humanity or the Fuller Center for Housing, Inc.
- §§ 47-5-135 and 47-5-136. Repealed.
- § 47-5-137. Use of offenders as servants prohibited; exception.
- § 47-5-138. Earned time allowances; earned-release supervision; promulgations of rules and regulations; forfeiture generally; release of offender; phase-out of earned time release.
- § 47-5-138.1. Trusties authorized to accumulate additional earned time; certain offenders in trusty status ineligible for time allowance.
- § 47-5-139. Certain inmates ineligible for earned time allowance; commutation to be based on total term of sentences; forfeiture of earned time in event of escape.
- § 47-5-140. Earned time handbook.
- § 47-5-141. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-142. Meritorious earned time.
- §§ 47-5-143 and 47-5-145. Repealed.
- § 47-5-147. Governor may authorize payment of reward for apprehension of escaped offender.
- § 47-5-149. United States offenders subject to the laws of the state.
- § 47-5-151. Death of prisoner; investigations, inquests, and autopsies; fees; penalties.
- § 47-5-153. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-155. Discharged offenders revolving fund.
- § 47-5-157. Written discharge or release, clothing, Mississippi driver’s license or state identification card, money and bus ticket furnished to discharged or released offender.
- § 47-5-158. Inmate Welfare Fund.
- §§ 47-5-159 through 47-5-171. Repealed.
- § 47-5-173. Granting of leave for personal reasons.
- § 47-5-175. Agreements to transfer state offenders to federal facilities.
- § 47-5-177. Notice requirements prior to release of offenders.
- § 47-5-179. Department of Corrections to deduct nonemergency medical expenses from inmate accounts.
- § 47-5-180. Appointment of commissioner to make health-care decisions for offender who lacks capacity and does not have relative available; procedure; applicability of Uniform Health-Care Decisions Act.
- § 47-5-181. Conversion of community work centers to pre-release centers.
- § 47-5-183. Department of Corrections may create a postconviction DNA database.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.