There is a newer version of the Mississippi Code
2018 Mississippi Code
Title 47 - Prisons and Prisoners; Probation and Parole
Chapter 5 - Correctional System
Mississippi Prison Industries Act of 1990
- § 47-5-531. Short title of Sections 47-5-531 through 47-5-575.
- § 47-5-533. Legislative findings.
- § 47-5-535. Legislative intent.
- § 47-5-537. Formation of nonprofit corporation; programs of Division of Vocational Rehabilitation not to be prison industries.
- § 47-5-539. Definitions.
- § 47-5-541. Board of directors of corporation; chief executive officer; industry advisory board; compensation of directors; rules and regulations; duties of chief executive officer.
- § 47-5-543. Lease of existing prison industries to corporation; exception for agricultural enterprises land, equipment, etc.
- § 47-5-545. Procedures for establishing new prison industries.
- § 47-5-547. Training programs or auxiliary programs associated with prison industries.
- § 47-5-549. Entities to whom prison made goods or services may be sold; purchases of raw materials; prices of goods or services.
- § 47-5-551. Property of prison industry program reverts to department upon dissolution or expiration of lease.
- § 47-5-553. Chief executive officer of corporation to communicate with Commissioner of Corrections regarding security at facility; communication as to needed improvements.
- § 47-5-555. Use of inmate labor.
- § 47-5-557. Inmate not agent, employee or involuntary servant of corporation; exception.
- § 47-5-559. Annual report on status of correctional work programs; financial statements; audit of corporation.
- § 47-5-561. Authority of corporation to request appropriations from general fund; repayment of funds; funds to be maintained in interest-bearing accounts.
- § 47-5-563. Department may adopt rules governing use of inmates by corporation; corporation to establish policies relating to use of inmates; filing of rules and policies.
- § 47-5-565. Corporation to authorize expenditures from Prison Industries Fund.
- § 47-5-567. Inmates ineligible for unemployment compensation or worker’s compensation.
- § 47-5-569. Department to lease all or none of work programs at any one correctional institution; disposition of rent paid by corporation; approval of leases.
- § 47-5-571. Unauthorized sales of prison-made goods or services prohibited.
- § 47-5-572. [Reserved]
- § 47-5-573. Master plan for correctional work programs; needs of corporation considered in assigning and transferring prisoners.
- § 47-5-575. Records of corporation subject to public records act.
- § 47-5-577. [Reserved]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.