2017 Mississippi Code
Title 9 - Courts
Chapter 23 - Drug Courts
§ 9-23-19. Funding for drug courts
- (1) All monies received from any source by the drug court shall be accumulated in a fund to be used only for drug court purposes. Any funds remaining in this fund at the end of a fiscal year shall not lapse into any general fund, but shall be retained in the drug court fund for the funding of further activities by the drug court.
- (2) A drug court may apply for and receive the following:
- (a) Gifts, bequests and donations from private sources.
- (b) Grant and contract money from governmental sources.
- (c) Other forms of financial assistance approved by the court to supplement the budget of the drug court.
- (3) The costs of participation in an alcohol and drug intervention program required by the certified drug court may be paid by the participant or out of user fees or such other state, federal or private funds that may, from time to time, be made available.
- (4) The court may assess such reasonable and appropriate fees to be paid to the local drug court fund for participation in an alcohol or drug intervention program.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.