2017 Mississippi Code
Title 9 - Courts
Chapter 23 - Drug Courts
§ 9-23-17. Authority of Administrative Office of Courts
- With regard to any drug court established under this chapter, the Administrative Office of Courts shall do the following:
- (a) Certify and re-certify drug court applications that meet standards established by the Administrative Office of Courts in accordance with this chapter.
- (b) Ensure that the structure of the intervention component complies with rules adopted under this section and applicable federal regulations.
- (c) Revoke the authorization of a program upon a determination that the program does not comply with rules adopted under this section and applicable federal regulations.
- (d) Make agreements and contracts to effectuate the purposes of this chapter with:
- (i) Another department, authority or agency of the state;
- (ii) Another state;
- (iii) The federal government;
- (iv) A state-supported or private university; or
- (v) A public or private agency, foundation, corporation or individual.
- (e) Directly, or by contract, approve and certify any intervention component established under this chapter.
- (f) Require, as a condition of operation, that each drug court created or funded under this chapter be certified by the Administrative Office of Courts.
- (g) Collect monthly data reports submitted by all certified drug courts, provide those reports to the State Drug Courts Advisory Committee, compile an annual report summarizing the data collected and the outcomes achieved by all certified drug courts and submit the annual report to the Oversight Task Force.
- (h) Every three (3) years contract with an external evaluator to conduct an evaluation of the effectiveness of the drug court program, both statewide and individual drug court programs, in complying with the key components of the drug courts adopted by the National Association of Drug Court Professionals.
- (i) Adopt rules to implement this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.