2017 Mississippi Code
Title 89 - Real and Personal Property
Chapter 23 - Mississippi Uniform Environmental Covenants Act
§ 89-23-13. Notice requirement; penalty for failure to provide notice
- (a) A copy of an environmental covenant shall be provided by the persons and in the manner required by the agency to:
- (1) Each person that signed the covenant;
- (2) Each person holding a recorded interest in the real property subject to the covenant;
- (3) Each person in possession of the real property subject to the covenant;
- (4) Each municipality or other unit of local government in which real property subject to the covenant is located; and
- (5) Any other person the agency requires.
- (b) The validity of a covenant is not affected by failure to provide a copy of the covenant as required under this section.
- (c) Failure by any person to provide a copy of the covenant in the manner required by the agency shall be punishable by a civil penalty to be determined by the Commission on Environmental Quality consistent with the terms and provisions of Section 49-17-43.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.