2018 Mississippi Code
Title 89 - Real and Personal Property
Chapter 23 - Mississippi Uniform Environmental Covenants Act
§ 89-23-13. Notice requirement; penalty for failure to provide notice.
(a) A copy of an environmental covenant shall be provided by the persons and in the manner required by the agency to:
(1) Each person that signed the covenant;
(2) Each person holding a recorded interest in the real property subject to the covenant;
(3) Each person in possession of the real property subject to the covenant;
(4) Each municipality or other unit of local government in which real property subject to the covenant is located; and
(5) Any other person the agency requires.
(b) The validity of a covenant is not affected by failure to provide a copy of the covenant as required under this section.
(c) Failure by any person to provide a copy of the covenant in the manner required by the agency shall be punishable by a civil penalty to be determined by the Commission on Environmental Quality consistent with the terms and provisions of Section 49-17-43.