2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 97 - CRIMES
Chapter 15 - Offenses Affecting Highways, Ferries and Waterways.
- 97-15-1 - Destroying, defacing, etc., milepost, signboard, etc., or bridge, underpass or overpass prohibited; penalties; liability for cost of repair; liability of parents of minor.
- 97-15-3 - Highway commission members and employees; bribery.
- 97-15-5 - Highway commission members, employees or highway contractors; conspiracy to violate contracts and defraud state.
- 97-15-7 - and 97-15-9. Repealed.
- 97-15-11 - Highway contractors, materialmen, etc.; collusion to raise prices.
- 97-15-13 - Hunting or shooting on or across streets and highways; shooting, etc., at traffic control devices.
- 97-15-15 - Keeper of ferry, toll-bridge or causeway; charging excessive toll.
- 97-15-17 - Keeper of ferry, toll-bridge or causeway; failure to give bond; suffering bridge, etc. to be out of order.
- 97-15-19 - Keeper of ferry, toll-bridge or causeway; unreasonable detention of person.
- 97-15-21 - Levees; breaking enclosures; depositing trash, etc., or storing commodities; damaging.
- 97-15-23 - Levees; disfiguring, etc., or excavating dirt or sand on levee right-of-way.
- 97-15-25 - Levees; maliciously cutting, destroying, etc.
- 97-15-27 - Levees; hunting or engaging in target practice upon mainline levee structure or right-of-way.
- 97-15-29 - Littering highways and private property with trash or substance likely to cause fire; civil liability; fines; disposition of proceeds.
- 97-15-30 - Penalties for unauthorized dumping of solid wastes; "commercial purpose" defined.
- 97-15-31 - Littering highways, streets, sidewalks, etc. with tacks, glass or other damaging objects.
- 97-15-32 - Dumping of dead wildlife, wildlife parts or waste in or on highways, private property, lakes, navigable waters, etc.; penalties.
- 97-15-33 - Obstructing, injuring, destroying bridge, causeway or ferry.
- 97-15-35 - Obstructing or injuring plank-road, covered, or other roads.
- 97-15-37 - Obstructing public highway.
- 97-15-39 - Obstructing waterways; felling tree or bush into stream or canal or obstructing in any way.
- 97-15-41 - Obstructing waterways; felling trees in excess of six inches in diameter into running stream.
- 97-15-43 - Obstructing waterways; navigable channel.
- 97-15-45 - Obstructing waterways; permanently obstructing navigable waters.
- 97-15-47 - Road overseers; refusing or neglecting duty.
- 97-15-49 - Road overseers; suffering road to remain out of repair.
- 97-15-51 - Corporation convicted for failure to keep road, etc., in repair; consequences of failure to pay fine.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.