2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-82 CHAPTER 82 TRANSFORMATION OF FRATERNAL BENEFIT SOCIETIES (500.8204...500.8254)
- Section 500.8204 Fraternal benefit society; reorganization into legal reserve premium company; amendment of articles.
- Section 500.8206 Reorganization; proposed articles and bylaws; filing with insurance commissioner.
- Section 500.8208 Reorganization; hearing on petition.
- Section 500.8210 Reorganization; member's right to appear.
- Section 500.8212 Reorganization; examination; witnesses.
- Section 500.8214 Reorganization; authorization by insurance commissioner; modification.
- Section 500.8216 Reorganization; order; disposition of assets.
- Section 500.8218 Reorganization; submission of plan to governing body of society; meeting.
- Section 500.8220 Reorganization; special meeting; notice; approval; required vote; proxies.
- Section 500.8224 Reorganization; members; referendum.
- Section 500.8228 Reorganization; plan; approval by insurance commissioner; vote; results.
- Section 500.8232 Reorganization; plan; adoption requirements.
- Section 500.8240 Applicability of MCL 500.8204 to 500.8232.
- Section 500.8242 Reorganization; effect; continuation of original corporation; powers; officers.
- Section 500.8246 Amendment or reincorporation; saving clause.
- Section 500.8250 Liens upon certificates; notices to members; application of section.
- Section 500.8254 Certificates of membership; valuation; reserve; annual statement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.