2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-58 CHAPTER 58 GENERAL MUTUAL INSURERS (DOMESTIC) (500.5800...500.5840)
- Section 500.5800 Applicability of chapter.
- Section 500.5801 Formation of domestic mutual insurer; nonprofit status; powers of nonprofit mutual disability insurer; limitation.
- Section 500.5803 Mutual holding company resulting from reorganization considered as domestic mutual insurance company.
- Section 500.5804 Domestic mutual insurers; incorporation.
- Section 500.5805 Merger of nonprofit health care corporation with nonprofit mutual disability insurer.
- Section 500.5810 Domestic mutual insurers; qualification for certificate of authority.
- Section 500.5814 Repealed. 1970, Act 180, Imd. Eff. Aug. 3, 1970.
- Section 500.5818 Domestic mutual insurers; rights of corporation and other bodies to be members.
- Section 500.5824 Voting rights of members; administrative services agreements.
- Section 500.5825 Rights or interests of member of nonprofit mutual disability insurer; dissolution or winding up of nonprofit mutual disability insurer; distribution and administration of residual value; conditions requiring payments to Michigan health endowment fund; determination by independent valuation; "beneficially own" defined.
- Section 500.5826 Offering health care benefits to residents regardless of health status.
- Section 500.5828 Domestic mutual insurers; contingent liability of members; nonassessable policies.
- Section 500.5836 Mutual insurers; borrowed capital.
- Section 500.5840 Domestic mutual insurers; deficiency in assets; assessment of members.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.