2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-21 CHAPTER 21 (500.2101...500.2138)
- Section 500.2101 Meanings of words and phrases.
- Section 500.2102 Definitions; A to D.
- Section 500.2103 Definitions; E to I.
- Section 500.2104 Definitions; P to U.
- Section 500.2105 Automobile insurance or home insurance to conform with chapter; exceptions.
- Section 500.2106 Applicability of chapters 24 and 26; use of rates; inconsistent provisions.
- Section 500.2107 Filings; review; disputes; approval; order of disapproval; revised filing.
- Section 500.2108 Filing of manual or plan; statement of character and extent of coverage; maintaining rates in effect for eligible persons; insurer as member of or subscriber to rating organization; deviations; certification, contents, and public inspection of filing; trade secret; contract or policy to be in accordance with filings.
- Section 500.2109 Rates for automobile insurance and home insurance; requirements; determining existence of reasonable degree of competition.
- Section 500.2110 Development and evaluation of rates; considerations; systems of expense provisions; grouping risks by classifications.
- Section 500.2110a Premium discount plan.
- Section 500.2110b Use of automobile repair or automobile glass repair or replacement service; unreasonable restriction prohibited; disclosure; notice to consumers; development of plan.
- Section 500.2111 Classifications and territorial base rates for automobile insurance or home insurance; conformity with applicable requirements; additional factors.
- Section 500.2111a Completion of traffic accident prevention course; premium discount to insureds 50 years of age and older; provisions.
- Section 500.2111b, 500.2111c Repealed. 1991, Act 191, Eff. Apr. 1, 1992.
- Section 500.2111d Home insurance; premium discount plan for senior citizens.
- Section 500.2111e Rates increase prohibited; applicability of section.
- Section 500.2112 Written notice to policyholder; information available upon request; contact information; manner of providing; trade secret.
- Section 500.2113 Private informal managerial-level conference with insurer; internal procedures; review and determination by commissioner; procedure for determination; hearing matter as contested case.
- Section 500.2114 Person or organization aggrieved by filing; application for hearing; specification of grounds; notice of hearing; order of commissioner.
- Section 500.2115 Finding by commissioner that reasonable degree of competition does not exist on statewide basis; order requiring compliance with chapter 24 or 26; hearing; notice; new order.
- Section 500.2116 Condition of licensure as insurance agent; penalizing insurance agent.
- Section 500.2116a Automobile insurance; person on active duty in United States armed forces; lapse in coverage; prohibited conduct by insurer; conditions.
- Section 500.2117 Home insurance; condition of maintaining insurer's certificate of authority; basis of underwriting rules; provisions applicable to repair cost policy; rates; aggregation of claims; adjustment of minimum dollar amounts.
- Section 500.2118 Automobile insurance; condition of maintaining insurer's certificate of authority; basis of underwriting rules.
- Section 500.2119 Underwriting rules to be in writing; inconsistent transactions prohibited; uniform application of underwriting rules required; adoption of underwriting rules by insurer with more than 1 rating plan; underwriting rules for new applicants and for renewals; filing and public inspection of underwriting rules; order prohibiting use of inconsistent underwriting rule.
- Section 500.2119a Automobile insurance; calculating insurance eligibility points.
- Section 500.2120 Automobile insurance; establishment of underwriting rules by affiliated insurers; applicability of subsection (1); compliance; separate rating plans; applicability of subsection (2); underwriting rules defining applicable rating plan; basis of underwriting rules.
- Section 500.2121 Home insurance; criteria for selecting dwellings for inspection; inspection program; filing inspection criteria; disapproval of inspection criteria; liability.
- Section 500.2122 Declination of insurance; explanation of reasons; refusal of application form as declination.
- Section 500.2123 Termination of insurance; delivery or mailing of notice; contents of notice; effective date of termination; conformity with underwriting rules; violation of chapter 32 not authorized.
- Section 500.2124 Liability for information or statement.
- Section 500.2125 Suspension of insurer's obligation under MCL 500.2117 or 500.2118; hearing; duration of suspension.
- Section 500.2126 Suspension of acceptance of applications; filing and contents of notice; disapproval.
- Section 500.2127 Collecting and reporting data; rule; use of sampling techniques.
- Section 500.2128 Repealed. 1986, Act 10, Imd. Eff. Feb. 28, 1986.
- Section 500.2129 Exemption from chapter; request; form; continuation of exemption; filing annual reporting form; order discontinuing exemption; requalification for exemption prohibited; ineligible insurers.
- Section 500.2130 Rules requiring exchange of insurance claim information; liability.
- Section 500.2131 Effective date of MCL 500.2101 to 500.2105, 500.2107, and 500.2131; effective date of chapter generally.
- Section 500.2134-500.2138 Repealed. 1991, Act 191, Eff. Apr. 1, 1992.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.