2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-2 CHAPTER 2 THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONER (500.200...500.251)
- Section 500.200 Insurance department; establishment.
- Section 500.202 Insurance commissioner; qualifications, office, term, appointment, approval, vacancy.
- Section 500.204 Insurance commissioner; salary; oath; bond.
- Section 500.205 Commissioner; powers.
- Section 500.206 Insurance commissioner; seal, approval, renewal.
- Section 500.208 Office of financial and insurance services; offices; expense; audit.
- Section 500.210 Insurance commissioner; regulatory powers.
- Section 500.212 Deputies, chief clerk and accountant, examiners, clerks, actuaries, and other assistants; oath; powers and duties; hearings; rights of parties; revocation of appointments, designations, and delegations of authority; compensation.
- Section 500.214 Commissioner; immunity from civil liability; conditions.
- Section 500.216 Insurance commissioner and employees; traveling and other expenses.
- Section 500.220 Insurance commissioner and employees; service fees, prohibited gifts.
- Section 500.221 Insurance compliance self-evaluative audit document; privilege; disclosure; exceptions; definitions.
- Section 500.222 Examination of insurers; examination report; hearing; public inspection; disclosure of confidential information; effect of current examination; director's authority to terminate or suspend examination not limited; limitation on foreign insurer examination.
- Section 500.223 Application for certificate of authority; fee; withdrawal of application; reapplication fee; disposition.
- Section 500.224 Examinations and investigations of insurers; expenses; statement to insurers; employment of expert personnel; regulatory fees; expense of administering delinquency proceeding; definitions.
- Section 500.224a Report relating to regulatory fees.
- Section 500.224b Repealed. 2008, Act 440, Eff. Apr. 1, 2009.
- Section 500.225 Insurance bureau fund; creation; deposit of fees; reversion to general fund; use of fund.
- Section 500.225a Contract for services, supplies, and materials.
- Section 500.226 Disclosure of confidential information; penalty.
- Section 500.228 Examinations and investigations of insurers; report of crimes to attorney general.
- Section 500.230 Recovery of penalty; disposition of funds.
- Section 500.234 Insurance department; records of office; public inspection, exceptions, destruction, rules and regulations.
- Section 500.236 Repealed. 1992, Act 182, Imd. Eff. Oct. 1, 1992.
- Section 500.238 Insurance commissioner; annual report to governor, contents, publication.
- Section 500.240 Fees and charges; collection, payment, and disposition.
- Section 500.244 Judicial review.
- Section 500.246 Repealed. 1992, Act 182, Imd. Eff. Oct. 1, 1992.
- Section 500.248 Violations of act; actions; perjury.
- Section 500.249 Insurance commissioner; investigations of agents, adjusters, counselors, managers, promoters, officers and directors.
- Section 500.249a Fingerprints required; costs; providing criminal history records.
- Section 500.250 Insurers; stock transfer; officers or directors; appointment; notice to director; grounds for removal; hearing; order; civil immunity; review; "insurer" defined.
- Section 500.251 Cease and desist order.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.