2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-1 CHAPTER 1 SCOPE OF CODE (500.100...500.150)
- Section 500.100 Insurance code of 1956; short title.
- Section 500.102 Definitions.
- Section 500.103 “Revenue commissioner” defined.
- Section 500.106 "Health maintenance organization" and "insurer" defined.
- Section 500.108 Authorized, unauthorized insurer; definitions.
- Section 500.110 Domestic, foreign, alien; definitions.
- Section 500.114 Person; definition.
- Section 500.115 Definitions.
- Section 500.116 Additional definitions.
- Section 500.118 Treatment of alien insurer as foreign insurer.
- Section 500.120 Insurance, surety, or health maintenance organization transactions; compliance with act.
- Section 500.121 Surety; rights; remedies; relief.
- Section 500.122 Applicability of Michigan antitrust reform act.
- Section 500.124 Exceptions.
- Section 500.125 Service contract not subject to act; "consumer product" and "service contract" defined.
- Section 500.126 Waiver of customer liability agreement; definitions.
- Section 500.127 Guaranteed asset protection waiver; certificate of authority or license not required; issuance not construed as insurance; definitions.
- Section 500.128 Additional exceptions.
- Section 500.129 Medical retainer agreement not subject to act.
- Section 500.132 Saving clause; incumbent officers.
- Section 500.134 Validity of certificate of authority or license in force prior to January 1, 1957; validity of plan of operation and premium or assessment; association or facility not state agency and money thereof not state money; records exempt from disclosure; premium or assessment not burden under MCL 500.476a; “association or facility” defined.
- Section 500.140 Saving clause; existence of domestic insurer continued.
- Section 500.142 Repealed. 1992, Act 182, Imd. Eff. Oct. 1, 1992
- Section 500.150 Violation of act; hearing; order of commissioner; penalties; court order.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.