2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-13 CHAPTER 13 HOLDING COMPANIES (500.1301...500.1379)
- Section 500.1301 Insurance holding companies; definitions.
- Section 500.1305 Domestic insurers; organization or acquisition of subsidiaries; book of business; value; admitted asset; limitation; amortization; annual test; definition; authority of commissioner.
- Section 500.1311 Merging with or acquiring control of domestic insurer; statement; filing confidential notice of proposed divestiture; notice by person proposing to merge or acquire control of domestic insurer; “domestic insurer” explained.
- Section 500.1312 Statement filed with director; contents; duties.
- Section 500.1313 Partnership, syndicate or other group; statement filed with commissioner, amendment.
- Section 500.1314 Alternative filing materials.
- Section 500.1315 Merger or acquisition of control; approval by director; public hearing; determination; contested case hearing.
- Section 500.1316 Information to shareholders; expense; bond; examination or investigation.
- Section 500.1317 Exemptions.
- Section 500.1318 Violations.
- Section 500.1319 Jurisdiction of actions arising out of violations; consent to process.
- Section 500.1324 Insurers subject to registration; time.
- Section 500.1325 Registration statement; form; contents; other reports or information required.
- Section 500.1325a Annual enterprise risk report.
- Section 500.1326 Registration statement; nonmaterial information not disclosed.
- Section 500.1327 Registration statement; reporting material changes or additions and distributions to shareholders.
- Section 500.1328 Registration; termination.
- Section 500.1329 Consolidated registration statements.
- Section 500.1330 Registration on behalf of affiliated insurer.
- Section 500.1331 Exemptions.
- Section 500.1332 Petition for disclaimer of affiliation; filing; contents; effect; disallowance.
- Section 500.1333 Registration statement; failure to file.
- Section 500.1334 Person subject to registration; providing information to insurer.
- Section 500.1341 Transactions within holding company system; certain insurers as party; standards; prior approval; transactions entered into by domestic insurers; notification; separate transactions; review by director; total investment exceeding 10% of corporation's voting securities.
- Section 500.1342 Application of MCL 500.436a.
- Section 500.1343 Ordinary shareholder dividends paid by domestic insurers; review by director; determination of reasonableness; factors; limiting or disallowing payment of shareholder dividends; declaration or payment from earned surplus; declaration of shareholder dividend by domestic insurer as member of insurance holding company system; extraordinary dividend or distribution to shareholders; hearing.
- Section 500.1344 Officers and directors; obligation or liability; common management or cooperative or joint use of personnel, property, or services.
- Section 500.1351 Examination of insurer or affiliates; information; experts; expenses.
- Section 500.1355 Examination of insurer or affiliates; confidentiality of information; written consent; disclosure; notice; publication in interest of public; sharing documents, materials, or other information with regulator, NAIC, or law enforcement authority; written agreement; responsibility of director.
- Section 500.1357 Participation of director in supervisory college.
- Section 500.1361 Issuance of rules and orders.
- Section 500.1365 Injunctions; violation of chapter, rule or order.
- Section 500.1367 Voting certain securities prohibited; injunction.
- Section 500.1368 Voting securities in violation of chapter; sequestration of securities.
- Section 500.1371 Violation of chapter; action by director; criminal proceeding; penalty; disapproval of dividends or distributions.
- Section 500.1375 Violation of chapter; receivership.
- Section 500.1377 Liquidation or rehabilitation; recovery of certain distributions or payments.
- Section 500.1378 Failure by commissioner to act or make determination; petition for writ of superintending control.
- Section 500.1379 Violation of chapter; suspension, revocation or refusal to renew license.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.