2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Chapter 750 - MICHIGAN PENAL CODE
Act 328 of 1931 - THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (750.1 - 750.568)
328-1931-IX - CHAPTER IX ANIMALS (750.49...750.70)
Act 328 of 1931 Chapter IX
- Section 750.49 - Animal; definition; fighting, baiting, or shooting; prohibited conduct; violation as felony; costs; dog trained or used for fighting or offspring of dog trained or used for fighting; prohibited conduct; exceptions; confiscation of dog; award of dog to animal welfare agency; euthanasia; expenses; forfeiture of animals, equipment, devices, and money; disposition of money seized; additional exceptions.
- Section 750.50 - Definitions; charge or custody of animal; prohibited conduct; forfeiture of animal; violation as misdemeanor or felony; penalty; psychiatric or psychological counseling; other violation of law arising out of same transaction; consecutive terms; order to pay costs; order prohibiting owning or possessing animal for certain period of time; violation of subsection (9); revocation of probation; certain conduct not prohibited by section.
- Section 750.50a - Guide or leader dog; prohibited conduct by individual; violation as misdemeanor; rebuttable presumption that conduct initiated or continued maliciously; conviction or sentence under other applicable law; definitions.
- Section 750.50b - Animal defined; prohibited acts; violation; penalty; exceptions.
- Section 750.50c - Police dog or police horse; definitions; violation as felony or misdemeanor; penalty; other violations.
- Section 750.51 - Animals; confining on railroad cars.
- Section 750.52 - Duty of public officers.
- Section 750.53 - Arrest of persons; seizure of animals.
- Section 750.54 - Search warrants.
- Section 750.55 - Incorporated society; representative deputy sheriff.
- Section 750.56 - Definitions.
- Section 750.57 - Burial of dead animals.
- Section 750.58 - Horses; unhitching and driving away.
- Section 750.59 - Animals unfit for work; disposition and use.
- Section 750.60 - Horses' tails; docking.
- Section 750.61 - Docked horses; registration, bringing into state.
- Section 750.62 - Docked horses; registration.
- Section 750.63 - Docked horses; unlawful docking, evidence.
- Section 750.64 - Docked horses; failure to register.
- Section 750.65 - Bull; at large on highway or unenclosed land.
- Section 750.66 - Person responsible for dog or wolf-dog cross that has bitten another person; information to be provided; violation as misdemeanor; exception; definitions.
- Section 750.66a - Dog or wolf-dog cross bite; responsible person to remain on scene; violation as misdemeanor; penalty; exception; definitions.
- Section 750.67 - Domestic animals or fowl on cemetery grounds, landing fields, airports.
- Section 750.68 - Brand of animals.
- Section 750.69 - Rescuing animals.
- Section 750.70 - Impounding animals unlawfully.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.