2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MARKETABLE RECORD TITLE
Chapter 565 - CONVEYANCES OF REAL PROPERTY
Act 200 of 1945 - MARKETABLE RECORD TITLE (565.101 - 565.109)
Act 200 of 1945
AN ACT to define a marketable record title to an interest in land; to require the filing of notices of claim of interest in such land in certain cases within a definite period of time and to require the recording thereof; to make invalid and of no force or effect all claims with respect to the land affected thereby where no such notices of claim of interest are filed within the required period; to provide for certain penalties for filing slanderous notices of claim of interest, and to provide certain exceptions to the applicability and operation thereof.
History: 1945, Act 200, Eff. Sept. 6, 1945
- Section 565.101 - Marketable record title.
- Section 565.101a - “Mineral interest” defined.
- Section 565.102 - Unbroken chain of title to interest in land; conditions.
- Section 565.103 - Marketable record title; successors in interest; notice of claims; filing for record.
- Section 565.104 - Marketable record title; failure to file notice not to bar right to possession.
- Section 565.105 - Notice of claim to contain land description; recording, fees, indexing.
- Section 565.106 - Construction of act; purpose; extinguishment of claim.
- Section 565.107 - Limitations of actions.
- Section 565.108 - Filing slanderous notices of claims; costs awarded to plaintiff.
- Section 565.109 - Claims not barred; time for filing notice of claim.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.