2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
APPORTIONMENT OF COUNTY BOARDS OF COMMISSIONERS
Chapter 46 - COUNTY BOARDS OF COMMISSIONERS
Act 261 of 1966 - APPORTIONMENT OF COUNTY BOARDS OF COMMISSIONERS (46.401 - 46.416)
Act 261 of 1966
AN ACT to provide for the apportionment of county boards of commissioners; to prescribe the size of the board; to provide for appeals; to prescribe the manner of election of the members of the county board of commissioners; to provide for compensation of members; to prescribe penalties and provide remedies; and to repeal acts and parts of acts.
History: 1966, Act 261, Eff. Mar. 10, 1967 ;-- Am. 1968, Act 153, Imd. Eff. June 13, 1968 ;-- Am. 1969, Act 137, Eff. Mar. 20, 1970 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 203, Eff. Mar. 23, 1999
- Section 46.401 - County apportionment commission; apportionment of county into county commissioner districts.
- Section 46.402 - Number of county commissioners based on county population.
- Section 46.403 - County apportionment commission; membership; convening apportionment commission; adopting rules of procedure; quorum; action by majority vote; conducting business at public meeting; notice of meeting; availability of certain writings to public.
- Section 46.404 - County commissioner districts; guidelines for apportionment.
- Section 46.405 - Apportionment plan; filing by county apportionment commission; access.
- Section 46.406 - Apportionment plan; petition for review.
- Section 46.407 - Apportionment plan; failure of apportionment commission to submit; submission by registered voter.
- Section 46.408 - Official apportionment plan.
- Section 46.409 - County board of commissioners; number per district; prohibited representation.
- Section 46.410 - County commissioners; terms.
- Section 46.411 - Candidate for office of county commissioner; qualifications; nomination; filing fee; eligibility.
- Section 46.411a - County board of commissioners; candidates for office, filing fees, returns and forfeitures.
- Section 46.411b - Violation of MCL 168.1 to 168.992 applicable to petitions; penalties.
- Section 46.412 - Vacancy in office of commissioner; appointment; special election.
- Section 46.414 - Repeal; effective date; validity of actions.
- Section 46.415 - County board of commissioners; compensation and mileage reimbursement of members.
- Section 46.416 - References to county supervisors deemed to mean county commissioners.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.