2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ACT
Chapter 30 - CIVILIAN DEFENSE
Act 390 of 1976 - EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ACT (30.401 - 30.421)
Act 390 of 1976
AN ACT to provide for planning, mitigation, response, and recovery from natural and human-made disaster within and outside this state; to create the Michigan emergency management advisory council and prescribe its powers and duties; to prescribe the powers and duties of certain state and local agencies and officials; to prescribe immunities and liabilities; to provide for the acceptance of gifts; and to repeal acts and parts of acts.
History: 1976, Act 390, Imd. Eff. Dec. 30, 1976 ;-- Am. 1990, Act 50, Imd. Eff. Apr. 6, 1990 ;-- Am. 2006, Act 267, Imd. Eff. July 7, 2006
- Section 30.401 - Short title.
- Section 30.402 - Definitions.
- Section 30.403 - Responsibility of governor; executive orders, proclamations, and directives; declaration, duration, and termination of state of disaster or state of emergency; contents and dissemination of executive order or proclamation.
- Section 30.404 - Effect of executive order or proclamation of state of disaster or state of emergency; federal assistance; reciprocal aid agreement or compact; appropriation.
- Section 30.405 - Additional powers of governor; prohibition; disobeying or interfering with rule, order, or directive as misdemeanor.
- Section 30.406 - Obligation of person within state; compensation for services or property; record; claims; exceptions.
- Section 30.407 - Powers and duties of director.
- Section 30.407a - Emergency management division; establishment; purpose; employees; emergency management plan; grants; powers of division; definition.
- Section 30.408 - Emergency management coordinator; employment or appointment; duties; annexes to emergency management plan; cooperation of state agencies.
- Section 30.409 - Emergency management coordinator; appointment; duties; eligibility.
- Section 30.410 - Powers of county and municipality; mutual aid or reciprocal aid agreements or compacts; assistance of emergency management coordinator.
- Section 30.411 - Powers and duties of personnel of disaster relief forces; liability for personal injury or property damage; right to benefits or compensation; disaster relief workers; immunity; liability and legal obligation of persons owning or controlling real estate or other premises used for shelter; "gross negligence" defined.
- Section 30.411a - Disaster or emergency relief assistance provided by state employee; unpaid leave of absence; leave of absence with pay; conditions; limitation.
- Section 30.412 - Disaster or emergency occurring in county or municipality; procedure; ordinances or rules.
- Section 30.413 - Repealed. 1990, Act 50, Imd. Eff. Apr. 6, 1990.
- Section 30.414 - Assessment of disaster or emergency; findings and recommendations; notice; temporary assistance; action by governor.
- Section 30.415 - Repealed. 2002, Act 132, Eff. May 1, 2002.
- Section 30.416 - Declaration of emergency or major disaster by president; federal grants; agreement pledging state's share.
- Section 30.417 - Construction of act.
- Section 30.418 - Disaster contingency fund; creation; administration; accounting; appropriation; expenditures; reimbursement.
- Section 30.419 - Disaster contingency fund; expenditures when federal assistance not available; application for grant; resolution; rules.
- Section 30.420 - Repeal of MCL 30.221 to 30.233.
- Section 30.421 - Heightened state of alert; cause; powers of governor; violation as misdemeanor; penalty; civil action; definitions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.