2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
BASE CONVERSION AUTHORITY (EXCERPT)
Chapter 3 - FEDERAL AND INTERSTATE RELATIONS
Act 151 of 1978 - BASE CONVERSION AUTHORITY (3.551 - 3.561)
Section 3.553 - Base conversion authority; membership; duration; vacancy; meetings; compensation and expenses; election of officers; employment of personnel.
Act 151 of 1978
3.553 Base conversion authority; membership; duration; vacancy; meetings; compensation and expenses; election of officers; employment of personnel.
(1) The authority shall consist of 7 voting members who shall be appointed by the governor, with the advice and consent of the senate. The director of public health or his or her authorized representative shall serve as an ex officio member without vote. The members shall be as follows:
(a) One member who is the chairperson of the county board of commissioners of the county in which the military installation is located, or the chairperson's designee.
(b) One member who is the township supervisor of the township in which the majority of the land area of the military installation is located, or the member's designee.
(c) The township supervisor of the charter township immediately south of, and having contractual agreements for municipal utilities service with, the township described in subdivision (b).
(d) The director of commerce, or the director's designee.
(e) The director of the department of natural resources, or the director's designee.
(f) One member who is a representative of a local financial institution located within the county in which the military installation is located.
(g) The president of the chamber of commerce which serves the township in which the military installation is located.
(2) The authority shall exist for 5 years, with additional 2-year extensions if each extension is provided by concurrent resolution of the state legislature.
(3) A member of the authority described in subsection (1)(a) to (c) shall serve while the member holds the respective office specified in that subsection. All other members shall serve at the pleasure of the governor. A vacancy shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
(4) The authority shall hold an annual meeting each January. Additional meetings may be conducted as are necessary. At least 1 meeting a year shall be held on the military installation. At a meeting of the authority a majority vote of all members appointed and serving is necessary for a decision. A quorum consists of a majority of the members.
(5) The per diem compensation of the authority and the schedule for reimbursement of expenses shall be established by the legislature. This subsection shall apply only to the members of the authority described in subsection (1)(a), (b), (c), (f), and (g).
(6) The authority shall elect annually from its membership a chairperson, a vice-chairperson, a secretary, and a treasurer. The authority may employ experts, consultants, administrative staff, and other personnel the authority considers necessary in the performance of its responsibilities under this act.
History: 1978, Act 151, Imd. Eff. May 18, 1978 ;-- Am. 1991, Act 134, Imd. Eff. Nov. 6, 1991
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.