2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
BREEDING OF HORSES
Chapter 287 - ANIMAL INDUSTRY
Act 72 of 1929 - BREEDING OF HORSES (287.201 - 287.210)
Act 72 of 1929
AN ACT to encourage the breeding of horses; to regulate the public service of stallions; to require the registration of stallions; to provide for the compilation and publication of statistics relative to horse breeding; to provide for a lien; to provide penalties for the violation of this act; and to repeal Act No. 256 of the Public Acts of 1911, as amended by Act No. 75 of the Public Acts of 1921.
History: 1929, Act 72, Eff. Aug. 28, 1929
- Section 287.201 - Stallions; enrollment, certificate; definitions.
- Section 287.202 - Enrollment certificate; procedure to obtain.
- Section 287.203 - Advertising stallions.
- Section 287.204 - Enrollment certificate; issuance, contents; refusal to issue; posting.
- Section 287.205 - Enrollment fees; expiration of certificate, renewal; transfer of ownership, fee; death; disposition of fees.
- Section 287.206 - Powers of commissioner.
- Section 287.207 - Complaint; revocation of certificate; use of unenrolled stallion prohibited; exception.
- Section 287.208 - Stallions imported; examination, certification, fee.
- Section 287.209 - Violation of act; penalty.
- Section 287.210 - Lien for service of stallion, filing; sale of mare or foal; lien.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.