2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
COMMISSION ON LAW ENFORCEMENT STANDARDS ACT
Chapter 28 - MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Act 203 of 1965 - COMMISSION ON LAW ENFORCEMENT STANDARDS ACT (28.601 - 28.616)
Act 203 of 1965
AN ACT to provide for the creation of the commission on law enforcement standards; to prescribe its membership, powers, and duties; to prescribe the reporting responsibilities of certain state and local agencies; to provide for additional costs in criminal cases; to provide for the establishment of the law enforcement officers training fund; and to provide for disbursement of allocations from the law enforcement officers training fund to local agencies of government participating in a police training program.
History: 1965, Act 203, Eff. Jan. 1, 1966 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 237, Imd. Eff. July 3, 1998
- Section 28.601 - Short title.
- Section 28.602 - Definitions.
- Section 28.603 - Commission on law enforcement standards; creation; membership; terms.
- Section 28.604 - Commission on law enforcement standards; terms; vacancies; reappointment.
- Section 28.605 - Commission on law enforcement standards; officers; terms; limitations of power; disqualification from public office or employment.
- Section 28.606 - Commission on law enforcement standards; procedures and requirements; conducting business at public meeting; notice.
- Section 28.607 - Commission on law enforcement standards; annual report to governor.
- Section 28.608 - Commission members; compensation; expenses.
- Section 28.609 - Minimum standards; rules; exceptions; factors and special requirements; waiver; certification; officer called to armed forces active duty; authority of law enforcement officer of Michigan Indian tribal police force; waiver from minimum standards regarding training programs.
- Section 28.609a - Employment as law enforcement officer; certification requirements.
- Section 28.609b - Revocation or suspension of certification; judicial review; jurisdiction; subpoena.
- Section 28.609c - Investigation of alleged violation; powers of commission.
- Section 28.609d - Maintenance of employment history record; reporting commencement or termination of employment date.
- Section 28.610 - Agreements of commission with colleges, universities, or other agencies; fee.
- Section 28.611 - Commission on law enforcement standards; powers generally; disposition of fees.
- Section 28.612 - Executive director; appointment; term; duties; compensation.
- Section 28.613 - Law enforcement officers training fund; creation; appropriations.
- Section 28.614 - Law enforcement officers training fund; payment of amounts appropriated; reimbursement of training costs and living expenses; reduction of amounts; prohibited allocations; limitation.
- Section 28.615 - Application for reimbursement; contents.
- Section 28.616 - Effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.