2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (EXCERPT)
Chapter 168 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW
Act 116 of 1954 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (168.1 - 168.992)
116-1954-XXII - CHAPTER XXII INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM (168.471...168.488)
Act 116 of 1954 Chapter XXII
INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM
- Section 168.471 - Petitions proposing constitutional amendments; filing.
- Section 168.472 - Initiative petitions; filing.
- Section 168.472a - Presumption as to signature on petition.
- Section 168.473 - Referendum petitions; filing.
- Section 168.473b - Filing petition after November election.
- Section 168.474 - Board of state canvassers; duties; statement of purpose of proposed constitutional amendment.
- Section 168.474a - Assignment of number designation to appear on ballot for question submitted on statewide basis.
- Section 168.475 - Filing of petition; notificaton of board of state canvassers; supplemental filings.
- Section 168.476 - Petitions; canvass by board of state canvassers; use of qualified voter file; hearing upon complaint; investigations; completion date; disposition of challenges; report.
- Section 168.477 - Petitions; official declaration of sufficiency or insufficiency by board of state canvassers; publication of statement of purpose, expense; effectiveness of law that is subject of referendum.
- Section 168.478 - Petitions; notice of approval or rejection by board of state canvassers to persons filing.
- Section 168.479 - Review of determination; mandamus, certiorari or other remedy.
- Section 168.480 - Proposed constitutional amendment or question; certification; copies to voting precincts, posting.
- Section 168.481 - Proposed constitutional amendment or question; form.
- Section 168.482 - Petitions; size; form; contents.
- Section 168.483, 168.484 - Repealed. 1965, Act 312, Eff. Jan. 1, 1966.
- Section 168.485 - Questions submitted to electors; form.
- Section 168.486 - Certifying and transmitting language of constitutional amendment or legislation initiated by petition.
- Section 168.487 - Reimbursement to county, city, and township for cost of conducting special election.
- Section 168.488 - Applicability of MCL 168.544c and 168.482(1), (4), (5), and (6).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.