2019 Massachusetts General Laws
Part I - Administration of the Government
Title XXII - Corporations
Chapter 167 - Supervision of Banks
Section 2i - Compliance With Federal Laws and Regulations
Section 2I. A bank shall comply with the following federal laws and federal regulations subject to the terms and conditions imposed by this section:
(1) the federal Expedited Funds Availability Act, 12 U.S.C. section 4001 et seq., and regulations promulgated thereunder;
(2) the federal Fair Credit Billing Act, 15 U.S.C. sections 1666 to 1666j, inclusive, and the regulations promulgated thereunder;
(3) the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act, 15 U.S.C. section 1693 et seq., and the regulations promulgated thereunder; provided, however, that the maximum liability of a consumer under 15 U.S.C. section 1693g shall be limited to $50;
(4) a bank shall comply with the regulations of the federal banking agency, of which it is a member or by which its deposits or accounts are insured, that govern the manner of safeguarding the bank's monies and securities and the deposit of its securities or substantially the same subject matter;
(5) a bank shall comply with 12 CFR Part 326, which governs the minimum security devices and procedures and Bank Secrecy Act compliance, and other applicable regulations of a federal banking agency of which the bank is a member or by which its deposits or accounts are insured which regulations govern substantially the same subject matter; and
(6) a bank shall comply with 12 CFR Part 215, which governs loans to executive officers, directors or principal shareholders of a bank, and federal regulations of a federal banking agency of which it is a member or by which its deposits or accounts are insured which regulations govern substantially the same subject matter.
Notwithstanding this section, the commissioner shall retain jurisdiction over a bank to examine, supervise, take enforcement action against and assist consumers in matters relative to compliance with the federal laws or federal regulations enumerated in clauses (1) through (6), inclusive. Nothing in this section shall affect the commissioner's jurisdiction relative to other federal laws or federal regulations. For the purposes of this section, a bank shall mean a savings bank, a co-operative bank or a trust company. A federal bank, a foreign bank and an out-of-state bank shall comply with clause (3).