2017 Massachusetts General Laws
PART II REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS
TITLE II DESCENT AND DISTRIBUTION, WILLS, ESTATES OF DECEASED PERSONS AND ABSENTEES, GUARDIANSHIP, CONSERVATORSHIP AND TRUSTS
Chapter 200A DISPOSITION OF UNCLAIMED PROPERTY
Section 7 Report; form; contents
Section 7. (a) Every person holding property declared by this chapter to be presumed abandoned shall report to the treasurer as provided in this section.
(b) The report shall be on a form prescribed by the treasurer and shall include:—
(1) Except with respect to traveler's checks, registered checks and money orders, the name, if known, and last known address, if any, of each person appearing from the records of the holder to be the owner of any property of the value of one hundred dollars or more presumed abandoned under this chapter.
(2) In the case of presumed abandoned funds of life insurance companies, the full name of the insured or annuitant, and his last known address, according to the records of the life insurance company.
(3) The nature and identifying number, if any, or description of any intangible property and the amount appearing from the records to be due, except that items of value under one hundred dollars each shall be reported in aggregate.
(4) Except for any property reported in the aggregate, the date when the property became payable, demandable, or returnable, and the date of the last transaction with the owner with respect to the property.
(5) Other information which the treasurer prescribes by rule as necessary for the administration of this section.
(c) If the holder is a successor to other persons who previously held the property for the owner, or if the holder has changed his name while holding the property, he shall file with his report all prior known names and addresses of each holder of the property.
(d) The report shall be filed no later than November first of each year as of June thirtieth or the end of the fiscal year next preceding but the report of life insurance companies, and persons holding unclaimed proceeds from the demutualization or related reorganization of a life insurance company shall be filed before May first of each year as of December thirty-first next preceding.
(e) The report shall be made under penalty of perjury, and if made by an individual, by the individual; if made by a partnership, by a partner; if made by an unincorporated association or private corporation, by an officer; and, if made by a public corporation, by its chief fiscal officer.