2017 Massachusetts General Laws
Section 13 Scope of by-laws; amendment or repeal of by-law

Universal Citation: MA Gen L ch 157 § 13 (2017)

Section 13. In addition to the powers granted by section sixteen of chapter one hundred and fifty-six B, any corporation organized under section ten may provide in its by-laws for the election of directors by districts; for the election of advisory directors who are not members, the number of whom shall not be greater than one fifth the total number of directors; for voting of members by proxy, and the mode thereof, within such limitations and restrictions as may be specified therein; for voting of members by mail in elections and on questions concerning the operation and business of the corporation; for the admission, withdrawal, suspension or expulsion of members; for dues and assessments to be paid by members and the conditions under which such dues and assessments shall be imposed and collected; for determining the rights and interests of members in the property of the corporation, whether equal or unequal; for establishing the basis of voting by the members, especially whether the votes of all members shall be equal, or in proportion to the land area leased or used by each member for production of the products handled by the corporation, or in proportion to the quantity of such products delivered by each member to the corporation during the preceding year; for an approved or established form of marketing contract; and for fines or other penalties for violation of its by-laws or marketing contract. No by-law shall be amended or repealed nor any new by-law adopted, unless notice of the proposed action is given in the call for the meeting at which the proposal is to be considered, or in the call for the vote if the vote is to be taken by mail.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Massachusetts may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.