2020 Maryland Statutes
Title 13 - Well Drillers
Subtitle 3 - Licensing
Section 13-309 - Temporary License
(a) Subject to the provisions of this section, the Board shall issue a temporary license to an applicant who:
(1) Demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Board that granting a temporary license to the applicant is in the public interest and does not pose a substantial risk of harm to the public health or welfare or the environment;
(2) Meets the requirements of §§ 13-303 and 13-306 of this subtitle; and
(3) Passes an examination on applicable Maryland well construction regulations.
(b) While it is effective, a temporary license to practice well drilling authorizes the holder to practice well drilling subject to the same restrictions imposed on the holder of a license of the same category and class.
(c) A temporary license expires at the first to occur of the following:
(1) When the Board issues or refuses to issue a license under § 13-306 of this subtitle; or
(2) On the expiration date that the Board designates on the temporary license.