2020 Maryland Statutes
Title 13 - Well Drillers
Subtitle 3 - Licensing
Section 13-308 - Term and Renewal of Licenses
(a) A license expires on the date set by the Board, unless the license is renewed for an additional term as provided in this section. A license may not be renewed for a term longer than 2 years.
(b) At least 1 month before the license expires, the Board shall send to the licensee, by first–class mail to the last known address of the licensee, a renewal notice that states:
(1) The date on which the current license expires;
(2) The date by which the renewal application must be received by the Board for the renewal to be issued and mailed before the license expires; and
(3) The amount of the renewal fee.
(c) Before the license expires, the licensee periodically may renew it for an additional 2–year term if the licensee:
(1) Otherwise is entitled to be licensed;
(2) Pays to the Board a renewal fee set by the Board; and
(3) Submits to the Board:
(i) A renewal application on the form that the Board requires;
(ii) Satisfactory evidence of compliance with the performance bond and contractor’s liability insurance requirements of the Board; and
(iii) Satisfactory evidence of compliance with any continuing education requirement established under this subtitle for license renewal.
(d) (1) Beginning July 1, 1985, within the license renewal period, each licensee shall comply with the continuing education requirements of this section as a precondition for the renewal of that license.
(2) A licensee shall complete 20 hours of approved continuing education instruction covering well drilling subject matter approved by the Board.
(3) (i) The Board shall approve the substance and form of each continuing education course, if the course is:
1. Offered by qualified instructors experienced in the well drilling industry and approved by the Board; or
2. Conducted by educational institutions approved by the Board.
(ii) The licensee is responsible for the cost of any continuing education course.
(4) The Board may waive the requirements of this subsection if a person can show just cause why that person is not able to meet the requirements.
(e) The Board may not require a licensee who applies for a renewal of the license to take an examination.
(f) The Board shall renew the license of each licensee who meets the requirements of this section.