2019 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 8 - Substance Use Disorders Law.
Subtitle 5 - Alcohol and Drug Abuse -- Publicly Intoxicated Individuals, Court Ordered Evaluations, and Voluntary Treatment
§ 8-502.1. Admission of minors to inpatient facilities or certified outpatient program.
(a) A parent or guardian of the person of a minor may apply, on behalf of the minor, for admission of the minor to a certified inpatient alcohol and drug abuse program or facility or a certified intensive outpatient alcohol and drug abuse program under this section.
(b) A program or facility may not admit an individual under this section unless the program or facility has determined that:
(1) The individual has an alcohol or other drug dependency that necessitates the level of care provided by the program or facility;
(2) The individual would benefit from treatment;
(3) The parent or guardian making application for admission of the individual understands the nature of the request for admission and the nature of the treatment provided by the program or facility; and
(4) Assent to the admission has been given by the Director or the Director’s designee of the program or facility.
(c) In order for an individual to be retained for treatment under this section:
(1) The parent or guardian who applied for admission of the individual shall have the right to be actively involved in treatment; and
(2) The program or facility shall note on the application for admission whether or not the minor was admitted in accordance with the provisions of § 20–102(c–1) of this article.
(d) A program or facility has the right to discharge an individual admitted for treatment under this section if the individual is not complying with the treatment program or the facility’s policies and procedures.