2018 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Firearms
Subtitle 3 - Handgun Permits
§ 5-302. Handgun Permit Review Board
(a) Established. -- There is a Handgun Permit Review Board in the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
(b) Membership; appointment. -- The Board consists of five members appointed from the public by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(c) Tenure; vacancies. --
(1) The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) The terms of the members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board on October 1, 2003.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(5) A member of the Board is eligible for reappointment.
(d) Compensation. -- A member of the Board is entitled to:
(1) compensation in accordance with the State budget for each day that the member actually is engaged in the discharge of the member's official duties; and
(2) reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.