2019 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Firearms
Subtitle 3 - Handgun Permits
§ 5-302. Handgun Permit Review Board
(a) There is a Handgun Permit Review Board in the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
(b) The Board consists of five members appointed from the public by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(c) (1) The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) The terms of the members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board on October 1, 2003.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(5) A member of the Board is eligible for reappointment.
(d) A member of the Board is entitled to:
(1) compensation in accordance with the State budget for each day that the member actually is engaged in the discharge of the member’s official duties; and
(2) reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.