2018 Maryland Code
Title 3 - Environmental Programs
Subtitle 2A - Land Trust Grant Fund
§ 3-2A-07. Considerations and prerequisites for grants
(a) Considerations. -- In making grants under this subtitle, the Trust shall give consideration to:
(1) The amount of funds contributed to the project by the land trust as a match against the grant;
(2) The amount of funds contributed to the project by parties other than the land trust or the Trust;
(3) The natural resource, open space, or recreational value of the project;
(4) Geographic distribution;
(5) The degree of development pressure in the area; and
(6) Whether the grant will be reimbursed to the Land Trust Grant Fund, as provided by § 3-2A-08 of this subtitle.
(b) Prerequisites to making grant. -- The Trust may not make a grant under this subtitle to a land trust unless the land trust:
(1) Contributes an amount not less than 15% of the amount of the grant as a match; or
(2) Agrees to resell the property to the Department or a local governing body as provided by § 5-903 or § 5-905 of this article.