2018 Maryland Code
Title 3 - Environmental Programs
Subtitle 2A - Land Trust Grant Fund
§ 3-2A-05. Grants -- Authority; conditions
(a) Authority. -- Subject to conditions necessary to carry out the purposes and requirements of this subtitle, the Trust, on application by a land trust, may provide a grant to the applicant from the Grant Fund.
(b) Conditions. -- The Trust may make a grant to an applicant only if:
(1) The applicant meets the qualifications required by this subtitle;
(2) The grant is to be used only for the acquisition of interests or rights in real property for recreational or preservation purposes;
(3) The Department approves the project as being in conformity with the Department's criteria governing land acquired under a State grant from Program Open Space;
(4) The trustees of the Trust approve the grant; and
(5) The Board of Public Works approves the grant.