2018 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 22 - Poisons, Dangerous Household Substances, Flammable Products, and Hazardous Materials
Subtitle 6 - Engine Coolant and Antifreeze Bittering Agent Act.
§ 22-601. Engine coolant and antifreeze
(a) Restrictions on sale. -- A person may not sell or offer to sell any engine coolant or antifreeze that contains more than 10% ethylene glycol unless the coolant or antifreeze includes not less than 30 parts per million nor more than 50 parts per million denatonium benzoate.
(b) Exception. -- The provisions of this section do not apply to the sale of:
(1) A motor vehicle that contains engine coolant or antifreeze at the time of sale;
(2) A wholesale container of engine coolant or antifreeze designed to contain 55 gallons or more of engine coolant or antifreeze;
(3) Engine coolant or antifreeze reformulated through on-site recycling; or
(4) Engine coolant or antifreeze purchased in accordance with military specifications.
(c) Violations and penalties. --
(1) A person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 100.
(2) Each day that a violation continues shall constitute a separate offense.