2018 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 18 - Disease Prevention
Subtitle 11 - Academic Health Center Immunotherapy Research Fund
§ 18-1102. Academic Health Center Immunotherapy Research Fund
(a) Established. -- There is an Academic Health Center Immunotherapy Research Fund.
(b) Purpose. -- The purpose of the Fund is to provide matching grants to statewide academic health centers for immunotherapy research.
(c) Administration. -- The Secretary shall administer the Fund.
(d) Status; accounting. --
(1) The Fund is a special, nonlapsing fund that is not subject to § 7-302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(2) The State Treasurer shall hold the Fund separately, and the Comptroller shall account for the Fund.
(e) Composition. -- The Fund consists of:
(1) Money appropriated in the State budget to the Fund; and
(2) Any other money from any other source accepted for the benefit of the Fund.
(f) Uses; grant. --
(1) The Fund may be used only for immunotherapy research.
(2) To qualify for a grant from the Fund, a statewide academic health center must dedicate funding from other sources to be used for the purpose described under subsection (b) of this section.
(3) The amount of a grant awarded from the Fund may not exceed the amount of funding dedicated by the statewide academic health center under paragraph (2) of this subsection.
(g) Investments. --
(1) The State Treasurer shall invest the money of the Fund in the same manner as other State money may be invested.
(2) Any interest earnings of the Fund shall be credited to the General Fund of the State.
(h) Expenditures. -- Expenditures from the Fund may be made only in accordance with the State budget.
(i) Money expended is supplemental. -- Money expended from the Fund is supplemental to and is not intended to take the place of funding that otherwise would be appropriated to a statewide academic health center.