There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 12 - Immunity and Liability
Subtitle 1 - Maryland Tort Claims Act
§ 12-103.2. Montgomery County
Universal Citation: MD State Govt Code § 12-103.2 (2017)
- (a) "Tort claim" defined. -- In this section, "tort claim" means a tort claim filed in State court relating to the administration of a State program under Title 3, Subtitle 4 of the Human Services Article by the Montgomery County government.
- (b) Treatment; parties. --
- (1) A tort claim shall be considered, defended, settled, and paid in the same manner as any other claim covered by the Montgomery County Self-Insurance Fund.
- (2) Under this section, whenever Montgomery County administers a State program under Title 3, Subtitle 4 of the Human Services Article, Montgomery County acts as a unit of the State, and any tort claim shall name the State of Maryland as the proper defendant.
- (c) Extent of liability. -- Liability for a tort claim may not exceed the insurance coverage granted to units of State government under Title 9 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
- (d) Liability of State Treasurer. --
- (1) The State Treasurer is not liable under § 9-107(c) of the State Finance and Procurement Article for a tort claim.
- (2) For tort claims, the duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of the Treasurer under this subtitle shall be assumed by the Montgomery County Self-Insurance Fund with damages limited in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.