2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 9 - Workers' Compensation
Subtitle 6A - Rehabilitation Practitioners
§ 9-6A-16. Hearings
- (a) Hearing before the Commission. -- Before the Commission takes any final action under § 9-6A-15 of this subtitle, the Commission shall give the individual against whom the action is contemplated an opportunity for a hearing before the Commission.
- (b) Representation by counsel. -- The individual may be represented at the hearing by counsel.
- (c) Notice; oaths; subpoenas. -- The Commission:
- (1) shall give notice and hold a hearing in accordance with hearing regulations adopted by the Commission;
- (2) may administer oaths in connection with any proceeding under this section; and
- (3) may issue subpoenas in connection with any proceeding under this section.
- (d) Contempt. -- If an individual fails to comply with a subpoena issued under this section, on petition of the Commission, a court of competent jurisdiction may compel compliance with the subpoena.
- (e) Failure to appear. -- If, after due notice, the individual against whom the action is contemplated fails or refuses to appear, the Commission may hear and determine the matter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.