There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 6 - High Voltage Lines
§ 6-107. Duty of person performing activity
Universal Citation: MD Lab & Emp Code § 6-107 (2017)
- (a) Notification to owner; arrangements for safety measures; guard against accidental contact. -- Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, whenever an activity listed under § 6-106 of this title is to be performed within 10 feet of a high voltage line, the person responsible for performing the activity shall:
- (1) promptly notify the owner or operator of the high voltage line of the activity to be performed;
- (2) make any appropriate arrangements with the owner or operator of the high voltage line to carry out any safety measures required by item (3) of this subsection; and
- (3) with any necessary cooperation from and subject to any necessary agreement with the owner or operator of the high voltage line, ensure that the high voltage line has been effectively guarded against accidental contact by:
- (i) installing physical barriers to prevent physical contact with the high voltage line;
- (ii) relocating the high voltage line; or
- (iii) de-energizing and grounding the high voltage line.
- (b) Maintenance by local government. --
- (1) This subsection applies only when a local government performs maintenance on street lighting equipment owned by the local government.
- (2) Whenever an activity listed under § 6-106 of this title is to be performed within 10 feet of a high voltage line, the person responsible for performing the activity shall:
- (i) comply with the National Electrical Safety Code; and
- (ii) be qualified as defined in the National Electrical Safety Code.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.