There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 6 - High Voltage Lines
§ 6-108. Duty of owner or operator of high voltage line
Universal Citation: MD Lab & Emp Code § 6-108 (2017)
- (a) In general. -- The owner or operator of a high voltage line shall perform any act that is reasonably necessary to carry out the safety measures required by § 6-107 of this title to guard effectively against accidental contact with the high voltage line:
- (1) after notification from a person who intends to perform an activity listed under § 6-106 of this subtitle within 10 feet of a high voltage line;
- (2) after the person who intends to perform the activity has made any appropriate arrangements; and
- (3) within a reasonable time.
- (b) Limit on duty. -- This section does not require an owner or operator of a high voltage line to:
- (1) bear the expense of any safety measure required by this title; or
- (2) de-energize or ground any high voltage line if doing so would:
- (i) substantially interfere with service to the public; or
- (ii) endanger the health, safety, or welfare of the public.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.