2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 7 - Breakfast Program
§ 7-702. Exemption
- The State Superintendent shall exempt any elementary school from the requirements of this subtitle if:
- (i) The school has made a breakfast program available for at least 3 consecutive months; and
- (ii) The participation is less than 25 percent of the number of students eligible for free and reduced price meals in each month;
- (i) The county board approves an alternative nutrition program that the school has instituted;
- (ii) The school regularly conducts an assessment of the alternative program that provides evidence of success in achieving program objectives; and
- (iii) The school submits an annual report of the assessment to the county board and the State;
- (i) The school requests an exemption for reasons of a compelling nature to the county board; and
- (ii) After review and approval, the county board submits the request for exemption to the State Superintendent; or
- (i) The school has less than 15 percent of its enrollment approved for free and reduced price meals.
- (ii) This exemption shall continue from year to year without the need for reapplication, until there is a 10 percent increase in the number of students approved for free and reduced price meals.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.