2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 7 - Breakfast Program
§ 7-703. Suspension and reimbursement
- (a) Suspension. -- The free and reduced price breakfast program under this subtitle shall be suspended if the per meal reimbursement that the federal government provides for the breakfast program is:
- (1) Reduced below the rate prescribed on July 1, 1979; or
- (2) Adjusted by the Secretary of the United States Department of Agriculture, as of the most recent July 1 under the national Child Nutrition Act, and the per meal reimbursement is below the adjusted rate.
- (b) Reimbursement. -- The reimbursement for each meal under subsection (a) of this section shall be determined as follows:
- (1) Multiply the number of reduced price breakfasts served statewide times the federal reimbursement rate for those breakfasts;
- (2) Multiply the number of free breakfasts served statewide times the federal reimbursement rate for those breakfasts; and
- (3) Divide the total of paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection by the total number of free and reduced price breakfasts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.