There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 10B - Maryland Advisory Council for Virtual Learning
§ 7-10B-06. Duties; reports
Universal Citation: MD Educ Code § 7-10B-06 (2017)
- (a) Recommendations. -- The Council shall make recommendations regarding:
- (1) High quality professional development for teachers and principals regarding digital instruction or blending digital content with traditional classroom instruction;
- (2) Funding strategies to provide high quality, innovative options in course providers and delivery;
- (3) Student assessment and accountability;
- (4) Infrastructure necessary to support digital learning;
- (5) Mobile learning and mobile learning applications;
- (6) Aligning resources and digital learning initiatives of all State agencies;
- (7) Coordination of digital learning programs to prevent redundancy and inefficiency;
- (8) Planning for changes in technology and digital learning;
- (9) Expanded curriculum for mathematics, science, foreign language, and advanced placement courses;
- (10) Increasing education opportunities for at-risk, home-bound, special needs, and alternative education students; and
- (11) Implementation plans for providing digital learning opportunities to all students in the State.
- (b) Miscellaneous tasks. -- The Council shall perform any other tasks to carry out the mission of the Council.
- (c) Reports. -- On or before December 1 of each year, the Council shall report its recommendations to the State Superintendent and, in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the House Committee on Ways and Means and the Senate Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.