2017 Maryland Code
Title 5 - Controlled Dangerous Substances, Prescriptions, and Other Substances
Subtitle 6 - Crimes Involving Controlled Dangerous Substances and Paraphernalia
Part III - Related and Derivative Crimes
§ 5-624. Drug-induced conduct
- (a) "Drug" defined. -- In this section, "drug" does not include alcohol.
- (b) Prohibited. -- A person may not administer a controlled dangerous substance or other drug to another without that person's knowledge and commit against that other:
- (1) a crime of violence as defined in § 14-101 of this article; or
- (2) a sexual offense in the third degree under § 3-307 of this article.
- (c) Penalty. -- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $ 2,500 or both.
- (d) Sentencing. -- A sentence imposed under this section may be separate from and consecutive to or concurrent with a sentence for any crime based on the act or acts establishing the violation of this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.