2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 21 - VEHICLE LAWS - RULES OF THE ROAD
Subtitle 9 - Reckless, Negligent, or Impaired Driving; Fleeing or Eluding Police
Section 21-905 - High risk driving by minor holding provisional license.
§ 21-905. High risk driving by minor holding provisional license.
(a) In general.- A holder of a provisional driver's license who is under the age of 18 years is guilty of high-risk driving if the holder of the provisional license commits any of the following violations:
(1) § 21-901.1 of this subtitle (Reckless and negligent driving);
(2) § 21-901.2 of this subtitle (Aggressive driving); or
(3) § 21-1116 of this title (Race or speed contest prohibited).
(b) Suspension of license; hearing.-
(1) If the individual is convicted of a violation specified in subsection (a) of this section, the Administration shall suspend the individual's driver's license:
(i) For a first offense, for 6 months; and
(ii) For a second or subsequent offense, for 1 year.
(2) An individual subject to a license suspension under this subsection may request a hearing as provided for a suspension or revocation under Title 12, Subtitle 2 of this article.
[2009, ch. 525.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.