2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 15 - VEHICLE LAWS - LICENSING OF BUSINESSES AND OCCUPATIONS
Subtitle 3 - Dealers
Section 15-305.1 - Wholesale dealers.
§ 15-305.1. Wholesale dealers.
(a) Restrictions on sales and exchanges.- A wholesale dealer who is licensed by the Administration under this subtitle:
(1) May buy a vehicle from another dealer, at an auto auction, or from a retail seller;
(2) May sell a vehicle to or exchange vehicles with another dealer;
(3) Except as provided in paragraph (4) of this subsection, may sell a vehicle or exchange vehicles at an auto auction;
(4) May not sell a vehicle to or exchange vehicles with a retail buyer; and
(5) May not buy, sell, or exchange new vehicles.
(b) Required records.- A wholesale dealer shall keep a record of the following:
(1) The year, make, model, and identification number of a vehicle that is bought, sold, or exchanged;
(2) The date that a vehicle is bought, sold, or exchanged;
(3) The amount for which a vehicle is bought or sold;
(4) The name, address, and license number of the other person with whom the wholesale dealer conducts a purchase, sale, or exchange;
(5) The odometer mileage statement for a vehicle that is required under the federal Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Act; and
(6) Each invoice, bill of sale, and other pertinent document and record in the form required by the Administration.
[1985, ch. 639; 1986, ch. 4; 1994, ch. 503.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.